Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Talk Like a Pirate Day!

I am behind the times, and didn't know that Warcraft had a Talk Like a Pirate Day event. I don't know how I didn't know this considering how into holidays I've always been in-game, and how I completed pretty much all of them pre-Pandaria.

The first thing that alerted me to it was some guildies talking about it on Twitter



And then I saw a Tweet from my (pretty much) favoritest WildStar dev.



And then I had a mini fangirl moment, because Caydiem is so awesome, and how cool is it to know the story behind a random NPC?!

So after running my first two Mythics of Legion (I got four upgrades!! Thanks T, Hearn, Pezzy, and Glom!), I flew on over to Booty Bay to have a drink with Dread Captain DeMeza, and take a selfie with her. Because any self-respecting fan of Miss Caydiem has to do this!

I kinda like this helmet on Naught...
And then it was waiting on that stupid Ol' Eary for the toy drop. Luckily they'd made it a 100% chance drop rate instead of the troubles folks were having earlier in the day.



So I waited with everyone else. Fairly impatiently, for him to respawn so that I could get the toy and go to bed.


First try, he died so fast that I couldn't even get a tag in. Second time, I joined in on a raid group that formed, tagged him, hit him a good few times... and still didn't get a toy. What. The. Actual. Fuck. So, I waited around to try to hit him a third time.

It's neat looking at how many folks there are from underneath.
And, well, third time's the charm! (100% drop rate my fine looking ass...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...